Carrier Liability Insurance
Pay all sums for which the insured shall become legally liable as compensationfor physical loss or destruction of or damage to goods or merchandise ... while in transit ... including during loading or unloading and while temporarily housed on or off vehicles in the ordinary course of transit.
- Damage to cargo directly caused by fire, explosion or accident to the carrying vehicle
- Carrier's liability for cargo
- Cargo salvage, transhipment, emergency storage costs
- Financial loss due to the lost freight in respect of the damaged part of the cargo
- Legal and other costs, incurred in the litigation against the claimants
- Costs of average adjusters
- Breakage due to improper handling
- Flood or water damage or damage by other cargo
Commencement of Policy
The cover will commence with the loading of cargo on the vehicle and will be in force until unloading of the cargo at the discharging point or expiry of 7 days after the first arrival of the vehicle at the destination town whichever may first occur.
- Liability under any other contract not under Carriers Act 1865
- Liability in respect of damage to property belonging to insured or his employees or in his control
- Inherent defect or vice, wear and tear, deterioration, spontaneous combustion or decay of perishable goods.
- Consequential loss arising from loss or damage to goods
- Any consequence of riots, strikes, war, ionising radiations.
- Goods which may be illicit or illegal or smuggled.
How to claim?
If a misfortune befalls, leave the worry to us but please intimate such loss/damage immediately to Zoom Insurance Brokers (email@example.com) so that a Competent Surveyor may be deputed to minimize the loss.